From Wikipedia: The duties of waiting staff include preparing tables for a meal, taking customers’ orders, serving drinks and food, and cleaning up before, after and during servings in a restaurant. Depending on the restaurant, other less common duties may be required, such as singing birthday songs to customers who are celebrating a birthday
- customer is always right
- waiter is responsible for the food even he/she didn’t cook it
- hours can be long and grueling
- always on your feet
- showing up is important
- only as good as your last tip, you can be fired at any minute
Attitude is important. People spending $100 on dinner don’t care if you’ve had a bad day – get your game face on every day no matter what. If the customer doesn’t feel well served, you’re toast.
- everyone has to eat – there are lots of sales jobs
- it’s not that hard to do!